After sailing BriarPatch in and about the Gulf of Mixico for over 25 years, and repairing things only as they broke, I figured it was time to undergo a major refurbishment project to make BriarPatch ready for the next 25 years. Here is a list of the projects that, finally, are finished. It was a labor of love, if you love money.
1. Engine has been upgraded to Volvo 2003 diesel 3 cylender 35 hp.
2. New fuel lines 2008
3. New packing gland2008
3. New 316 ss Strut, refurbished shaft and prop 2008
4. New bottom job, hull wax, 2008
5. New Garmin chartplotter, fishfinder, depthsounder, 2008
6. Mast, boom and standing rigging refurbish 2009
7. New SS heavy duty mast step, 2008
8. All new 316SS 1/4" Chainplates replaced 2008
9. Rebuilt Bomar top hatches with new plexi, new seals, and sandplast, paint frames 2009
10. New full batton main 2007
11. Kenyon 2 burner alcohol stove Factory rebuilt, 2010
12. New anchor washdown pump and system, 2010
13. Rebuilt fresh water diaphram pump with new seals kit, and new accumulator 2009
14. Rebuilt Wilcox, Crittendon Head valves, seals and pumps 2010
15. New L.E.D. cabin lights replacing old incandessent 2011
16. New Sunbrella canvas hatch covers and instrument panel cover 2011
Now that I have BriarPatch finally in beautiful shape to take her anywhere, I now have her for sale. We have bought a new (to us) Pearson 424 that attests that either I am crazy or that I really like the way these Pearsons are built and sail.
You can see the listing at: http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/18131